In most schools everyone uses science resources, the teachers, teaching assistants and children so it should be everyone's job to look after science resources, with the overall responsibility resting with the science leader / coordinator.
Click on the following questions for ideas about sharing responsibility within a school.
- What level of responsibility should children have for science resources?
- What level of responsibility should staff have for science resources?
- How do I set expectations in a school?
- What strategies can be used to develop children's independence in choosing and using science resources?
- How will I know who has borrowed which resources and what is lost or broken?
- Helping hands