Progression across the primary years
There are many aspects to consider in relation to progression in using science resources as children progress through the primary years, for example:
- range of resources:
- moving from non-standard to standard measures:
- increasing demand for accuracy:
- complexity of resources:
- application of ideas such as repeat readings, reliability, validity:
- knowledge and understanding concepts related to the use of the resources:
- openness of the task / support given:
- scientific language used:
- familiar or unfamiliar context.
Click here for an overview of progression across the primary years in Choosing, Using Equipment and Health and Safety in Primary Science.
Use models of teeth and use them to make indents on a slice of bread.
Flash is required to use this part of the website.
Click for a hot tip